As it’s chuffin cold (kinda obvious really when you consider it’s winter ) and, according to the weather ‘experts’, going to get worse again I thought I’d do a few posts highlighting heated bike gear.. So armed with Google I set about searching for a few bits and pieces and came across heated glove liners.
These on the face of it seem to be a damn good idea! They’re heated liners (obviously) which go inside your existing gloves and according to the bumf will keep your pinkys lovely and warm, while the world around you freezes it’s bits off.
Here’s a bit more info from Heated Motorcycle Clothing, a site which appears to be dedicated to keeping freezing riders warm
Heats 4 fingers directly. Ambient heat surrounds the Gloveliner, warms the thumb, fills the glove.
* Wear your own SKI, BIKE, RIDING etc. gloves on top*.
* Washable – because heat-element is separate from fabric.
* 3.7V Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries – choice of two types: with and without on/off switch.
* Flexible heat-element slides in and out of finger-pockets.
* Super-elasticated fabric – three sizes available (M,L,XL).
* Batteries last 3 to 4 hours used continuously.
* Safe to use.
* Modular design so you can replace all the bits separately (see further below).
* One colour: black.
* Initial charging time around 4-8 hrs, then 5 hours.
So far so good, you can wear them inside your existing gloves, you can recharge them overnight and they should last 3-4 hours when used continually. Perfect for most commutes in to work for most people
Here’s a bit more information about whats included in the price..
Your Order will include:
* 1 pair of black Gloveliners.
* 2 rechargeable batteries.
* One pair of windproof, waterproof General Purpose Gloves.
* 2 flexible heat elements, cable, jacks.
* 1 battery charger with 2 jacks.
This next bit is kinda important, unless you don’t mind having smelly hands
Wash Easily – It is important to be able to wash fabric properly without fear of damaging electrical circuitry – let’s face it – textiles get smelly next to the skin and most gloveliners we’ve seen (and previously sold) have elements contained within the fabric. Not now. Ours are completely separate. (cool wash by hand recommended and leave to dry).
And some extra information about accessories you can also buy to go with them.
At time of purchase you can add accessories as back-up. For example you may wish to buy extra batteries to charge up and carry with you on a long journey. Or a couple of spare heating elements in case the dog chews one. How about 2 extra pairs of liners so you always have a clean pair available? Or simply return to the site later and buy any bit separately (see next products).
And they post all over the place
Delivery to: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark. France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
and the price for these….. £98.99!
Not that bad really, not when you consider how much a pair of heated gloves costs or how cold your hands and fingers can get without any way to warm your hands over the winter. There’s nothing worse than hands so cold that they feel like they’re burning, and hands so cold that you’re incapable of doing anything for almost half an hour when you get to work while you ‘defrost’ them. Been there, got the t-shirt and don’t want to do it again