December 11, 2010
As promised in this post, here is a update on the new Hein Gericke store opening near Oxford on the A40 at the Eynsham roundabout.. It’s open 😀
Here are their contact details,
Hein Gericke Oxford, Eynsham Roundabout, Eynsham, Oxford. OX29 4EN
TEL. 01865 883307
Being located where it is, it has brilliant access and apparently has excellent parking facilities. I shall have to pop down there sometime soon and have a nose round 😀
Here’s an online copy of their latest catalogue, just in case you fancy a nose.. (well, Christmas is just round the corner!!!)
Oh and talking of Christmas, they even do a Christmas Wish List you can print off and give to those closest to you 😀
November 30, 2010
I got this info in my email update today
Apparently they have just signed the lease on new premises on the Eynsham roundabout on the A40 here. The postcode for the new shop is OX29 4EN.
According to the email they are looking at opening in early December sometime and more details are to follow.
If you want to sign up for the email updates click here
November 29, 2010
Another quick update.. And just in time for Christmas
Hein Gericke are currently slashing the prices on 1000’s of helmets
Click on this image to see the offer catalogue
December 2, 2009
I decided this morning that the worst sound in the world is hearing your baby grinding up the road.. 😦
I was on my way to work this morning, I pulled up at a roundabout and stopped to wait for a gap in the traffic. I inched forward a tad to bring me closer to the white lines and stopped again as there was still traffic coming round the roundabout…… and the next thing I know I’m shooting out on to the roundabout and and me and my bike are going down!
The car behind me thought I was going out on to the roundabout (inspite of the traffic coming round it!!!) and drove into my rear wheel and propelled me out into the traffic!!!! As I was going down I was thinking “Feck, I hope nothing hits me” and luckily nothing did.
A lady dived out of her car and told me not to move and called the police and the ambulance but a passing ambulance stopped too.. They checked me all over and I’m fine-ish.. I reckon my knee is gonna develop some lovely bruises and I think I’ve pulled a muscle in my back but other than that was more shaken up than anything..
Initial reaction was “IS MY BIKE OK?????????” “WHERE’S MY BIKE?????”
Damage to my baby seems to be a bent rear brake lever, and possibly the mounting for it (need to check her over properly).. The crash bung on that side looks a tad knackered but protected my fairings from everything but a few extra scrapes.. And part of the engine casing is worn away at the bottom…
Both me and my baby came away relatively unscathed thankfully. The police are looking at charging the other driver with driving without due care and attention, and I’ll be putting in a claim for a new crash helmet for starters..
October 15, 2009
I was recently in the market for a new helmet and after thinking about things and looking about had decided about getting the Caberg Trip… but… after trying it on decided it was way too uncomfortable and aside from that it didn’t fit properly..
So I had to play hunt the helmet again..
Here in Banbury the local bike shop shut down and while the closest ones aren’t too far away it’s still a pain if you just fancy popping in to have a nose round and possibly buy summat. I really didn’t fancy buying a helmet online as it’s just a pain in the butt 😦 to keep returning things if they don’t fit properly!
So after work one vaguely sunny afternoon I decided to nip into Kings near Oxford and have a look to see what they had available. I walked out with this one 🙂
The HJC IS-16 Type 0 Graphic 🙂
I’ve never had an HJC helmet before but this one is so comfortable and fits my head like a glove 🙂 and at £149, from a retail shop, didn’t really break the bank either..
I love the internal sun visor, hopefully it will save me a small fortune considering the number of pairs of sunglasses I break every year when trying to wear them in my helmet.. My only complaint, and it’s not bothering me that much, is that it’s a bit of a noisy helmet.. Other than that it’s perfect 🙂
Oh, I did have one slight accident at the shop though and managed to buy another pair of gloves while I was in there!!! oops!!!
Oh well, gloves will always come in handy 🙂
Drop-down sun visor
Quick Release visor system
Anti Fog Visor
Removable Breath Guard
Removable Chin Curtain
4 Point Ventilation
Safety Standard ECE22.05
ACU Gold Standard for use on the track
April 3, 2009
New Enough need to move out the remaining stock of the HJC CL-SP Barbwire helmet and so have reduced the price down to an absolute bargain price of just $89! The MSRP for these helmets is $189.99-$194.99, so the reduction in price is outstanding.
So if you are looking to buy a new helmet for the forth-coming season, a back up helmet, or even looking for your first and are on a budget, then you can’t go far wrong with this offer 🙂
Available in 5 colours, New Enough have a good selection of sizes available. As always, just click on the photos to be taken direct to the correct page on New Enough’s Website
HJC CL-SP Barbwire Helmet
- Lightweight Injection-Moulded Polycarbonate
- Composite Shell which meets or exceeds Snell M2005 & DOT standards
- Channelled dual density EPS liner
- Wind tunnel tested aerodynamic shell shape with an extra large eye port opening for greater visibility
- Three shell sizes for a more comfortable fit
- Removable/washable Nylex® interior liner and cheek pads quickly wick moisture away from the skin and eliminate odour causing bacteria
- Easily removable cheek pads for cleaning or custom fitting
- Optional cheek pad sizes to achieve a “custom fit”
- Streamline, wrap around neck roll reduces wind noise
- Padded chin strap design
- Built-in communication system speaker cavity
- Two-stage pivot mechanism compresses the shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal
- Improved, no guess work, tool-less shield removal and installation
- Aerodynamic flush mounted fit for reduced turbulence
- Scratch resistant hard coated shield
- Optically superior 3D design
- Rated at 95% UV resistant
- Flow through advanced channelling ventilation system with dual flow-through channels and two high capacity, multi-stage intake vents
- Rear vent helps draw heat and humidity out of helmet
- Anti-fog system with side chin bar mounted vortex vents creating a low-pressure vacuum effect drawing heat and moisture out of the face shield area
- Adjustable chin vent re-directs air upward and across shield interior
April 3, 2009
I had this through this morning via email. M&P are offering £50 off certain models of crash helmets, just click on the photos to be taken direct to the correct page on M&P’s Website 🙂
Just in time for the start of the new riding season 🙂
M&P are offering the Condor Black Full Face helmet, available in all sizes the current price is down from £219.99 to just £169.99!!
- Super Fibre construction
- Ring shaped strengthening in lower section
- Slim, oval outer shell
- Triple density inner shell
- Delta Duct inlet vent and exhaust vents
- Controlled chin ventilation
- Fully washable interior
- Free Flow System (FFS)
- Reduces draft and wind noise
- Lever Release visor removal system (LRS)
- Aerodynamic recessed visor holder system
- Patented Visor Brow ventilation ducts
- Aerodynamic 2mm Polycarbonate Pinlock® ready visor with De-mist visor lock
- Double D ring fastening system ensures correct strap tension at all times
Also on offer are the Arai Condor Voltage helmets, again with a saving of £50. They are currently priced at £199.99!!
Super Fibre construction
Ring shaped strengthening in lower section
Slim, oval outer shell
Triple density inner shell
Delta Duct inlet vent and exhaust vents
Controlled chin ventilation
Fully washable interior
Free Flow System (FFS)
Reduces draft and wind noise
Lever Release visor removal system (LRS)
Aerodynamic recessed visor holder system
Patented Visor Brow ventilation ducts
Aerodynamic 2mm Polycarbonate Pinlock® ready visor with De-mist visor lock
Double D ring fastening system ensures correct strap tension at all times