December 11, 2010
As promised in this post, here is a update on the new Hein Gericke store opening near Oxford on the A40 at the Eynsham roundabout.. It’s open 😀
Here are their contact details,
Hein Gericke Oxford, Eynsham Roundabout, Eynsham, Oxford. OX29 4EN
TEL. 01865 883307
Being located where it is, it has brilliant access and apparently has excellent parking facilities. I shall have to pop down there sometime soon and have a nose round 😀
Here’s an online copy of their latest catalogue, just in case you fancy a nose.. (well, Christmas is just round the corner!!!)
Oh and talking of Christmas, they even do a Christmas Wish List you can print off and give to those closest to you 😀
December 2, 2009
I decided this morning that the worst sound in the world is hearing your baby grinding up the road.. 😦
I was on my way to work this morning, I pulled up at a roundabout and stopped to wait for a gap in the traffic. I inched forward a tad to bring me closer to the white lines and stopped again as there was still traffic coming round the roundabout…… and the next thing I know I’m shooting out on to the roundabout and and me and my bike are going down!
The car behind me thought I was going out on to the roundabout (inspite of the traffic coming round it!!!) and drove into my rear wheel and propelled me out into the traffic!!!! As I was going down I was thinking “Feck, I hope nothing hits me” and luckily nothing did.
A lady dived out of her car and told me not to move and called the police and the ambulance but a passing ambulance stopped too.. They checked me all over and I’m fine-ish.. I reckon my knee is gonna develop some lovely bruises and I think I’ve pulled a muscle in my back but other than that was more shaken up than anything..
Initial reaction was “IS MY BIKE OK?????????” “WHERE’S MY BIKE?????”
Damage to my baby seems to be a bent rear brake lever, and possibly the mounting for it (need to check her over properly).. The crash bung on that side looks a tad knackered but protected my fairings from everything but a few extra scrapes.. And part of the engine casing is worn away at the bottom…
Both me and my baby came away relatively unscathed thankfully. The police are looking at charging the other driver with driving without due care and attention, and I’ll be putting in a claim for a new crash helmet for starters..
April 3, 2009
New Enough need to move out the remaining stock of the HJC CL-SP Barbwire helmet and so have reduced the price down to an absolute bargain price of just $89! The MSRP for these helmets is $189.99-$194.99, so the reduction in price is outstanding.
So if you are looking to buy a new helmet for the forth-coming season, a back up helmet, or even looking for your first and are on a budget, then you can’t go far wrong with this offer 🙂
Available in 5 colours, New Enough have a good selection of sizes available. As always, just click on the photos to be taken direct to the correct page on New Enough’s Website
HJC CL-SP Barbwire Helmet
- Lightweight Injection-Moulded Polycarbonate
- Composite Shell which meets or exceeds Snell M2005 & DOT standards
- Channelled dual density EPS liner
- Wind tunnel tested aerodynamic shell shape with an extra large eye port opening for greater visibility
- Three shell sizes for a more comfortable fit
- Removable/washable Nylex® interior liner and cheek pads quickly wick moisture away from the skin and eliminate odour causing bacteria
- Easily removable cheek pads for cleaning or custom fitting
- Optional cheek pad sizes to achieve a “custom fit”
- Streamline, wrap around neck roll reduces wind noise
- Padded chin strap design
- Built-in communication system speaker cavity
- Two-stage pivot mechanism compresses the shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal
- Improved, no guess work, tool-less shield removal and installation
- Aerodynamic flush mounted fit for reduced turbulence
- Scratch resistant hard coated shield
- Optically superior 3D design
- Rated at 95% UV resistant
- Flow through advanced channelling ventilation system with dual flow-through channels and two high capacity, multi-stage intake vents
- Rear vent helps draw heat and humidity out of helmet
- Anti-fog system with side chin bar mounted vortex vents creating a low-pressure vacuum effect drawing heat and moisture out of the face shield area
- Adjustable chin vent re-directs air upward and across shield interior
February 22, 2009
As of 20th February and until the 1st March 2009 you can save up to £80 on the price of the new range of 2008/2009 helmets if you shop at Hein Gericke. And not only are these discounts available instore you can also get them if you buy via mail order or from their online catalogue!
So have a look at the helmets they stock and you can save the following amounts on their listed prices
£100 – £200 = £20 DISCOUNT!
£200 – £400 = £40 DISCOUNT!
£400+ = £80 DISCOUNT!
The discounts are not available on previously discounted items, non stock items nor are they valid with any other offer but never the less they represent a big saving on the price of a new helmet.
So if you are in the market for a new helmet, maybe for the fast approaching riding season, it is definately worth looking either in one of their stores or at their online store
February 21, 2009
To help celebrate the launch of their new 2009 catalogue each Hein Gericke store is holding a special open day on Saturday 28th February where you can grab a copy of the new catalogue and possibly a whole lot more!!
There are several £1000 GOLD TICKETS hidden in catalogues around the country and if you are lucky enough to find one you can spend the £1000 on the HG stock item or items of your choice. How cool is that?
If you take your old catalogue along with you and swap it for one of their lovely shiny new ones they will give you a fiver off any purchase over £30 on the day*!!
So if you are in the market for some new kit, pop into their stores and if you are really lucky you may just get it for free with the £1000 voucher!
For a full list of the New Catalogue Launch Promotions check out this link
Catalogue Launch Events
* valid against purchases of £30 and over, cannot be used on previously discounted items or in conjunction with any other offer.
January 19, 2009
I came across this promotion today, Moto-racing.co.uk are offering a brilliant 10% discount on parts for the Honda CBR600F/CBR600RR motorcycle range as a part of their New Year Sale 🙂
Click here to visit moto-racing.co.uk to purchase items.
The promotion was originally set to expire on 4th January but has now been extended until the 31st January 2009.
So if you are in need of brake pads, discs, or chain and sprocket sets for your beloved CBR600 motorbike then click on the link below and have a browse round their site. They stock literally thousands of items.
Simply enter the disount code New Year Sale at checkout under additional information and instantly get 10% deducted from your purchase.
PLUS… Plus if you either have or register for a customer account receive a further 2.5% back in loyalty reward points.