December 4, 2010
We’ve been in the lucky position where we had exibitor passes as my OH’s bike was in the Custom Xtreme display, and so today we made our second visit to the show. We still have to go back tomorrow to pick his bike up once the show closes and we’re hoping the worst of the weather is now over and we won’t have any problems.
As we’ve spent 2 Saturdays at the show and have lots of photos I’m going to do a series of posts covering our time up there 🙂
Firstly, the Streetfighters on the Custom Extreme display. I gotta do this first or my OH will never forgive me 😉
Here are a few closer shots of some of the fighters on display 🙂
First of all is Sideshow’s ‘Roadkill’. This was originally a 1996 Honda Fireblade but a few months sawing, welding, painting, ebaying and swearing produced this.. If you want to have a look at the build process you can read ALL about it here. I just love it but unfortunately I’ll never be able to ride it, not unless I take to carrying a set of steps round with me so I can get on it!
This not so little beaut belongs to Mark (Rouge on Custom Fighters). The frame was custom made by Mark himself in his shed and the oomph is provided by a GSX1400 engine. If you want to take a look at the build process you can follow it here and it was featured in Issue 202 of Streetfighter Magazine. This photo doesn’t really do it justice so I’ll do a little write up on this another time with some nice close up photos 🙂
Lastly for today is this one.. A rather tasty Suzuki 7/11 which featured in issue 200 of Streetfighter
More to follow another day 🙂
May 24, 2009
CLEO 2.0 JACKET
This is one great looking Joe Rocket Textile Jacket for us girls in the summer..
It is available from TopGear Superstore, here in the UK, and is currently on offer at £121.49, reduced from £134.99, with free delivery. Click on the images to be taken to the pages on their website.
I particularly like the black one, with the purple running a very close second, although the purple would be out of the question with my current bike as the colour would clash!! 🙂
I particularly like the design on the sleeve, adding that touch of individuality.
The jacket has a Free-Air poly/mesh outer shell which gives maximum ventilation and has a removable spine pad as well as CE rated armour in the shoulders and elbows. The jacket has a removable waterproof liner, which helps to make a stunning looking jacket a very versatile piece of kit.
- Free-air™ poly/mesh shell
- C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows
- Removable spine pad with pocket for optional C.E. spine protector
- Removable waterproof liner
- Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
- 8″ zipper for pant attachment
- Reflective stripe
- Available in sizes from XS – XL
April 3, 2009
New Enough need to move out the remaining stock of the HJC CL-SP Barbwire helmet and so have reduced the price down to an absolute bargain price of just $89! The MSRP for these helmets is $189.99-$194.99, so the reduction in price is outstanding.
So if you are looking to buy a new helmet for the forth-coming season, a back up helmet, or even looking for your first and are on a budget, then you can’t go far wrong with this offer 🙂
Available in 5 colours, New Enough have a good selection of sizes available. As always, just click on the photos to be taken direct to the correct page on New Enough’s Website
HJC CL-SP Barbwire Helmet
- Lightweight Injection-Moulded Polycarbonate
- Composite Shell which meets or exceeds Snell M2005 & DOT standards
- Channelled dual density EPS liner
- Wind tunnel tested aerodynamic shell shape with an extra large eye port opening for greater visibility
- Three shell sizes for a more comfortable fit
- Removable/washable Nylex® interior liner and cheek pads quickly wick moisture away from the skin and eliminate odour causing bacteria
- Easily removable cheek pads for cleaning or custom fitting
- Optional cheek pad sizes to achieve a “custom fit”
- Streamline, wrap around neck roll reduces wind noise
- Padded chin strap design
- Built-in communication system speaker cavity
- Two-stage pivot mechanism compresses the shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal
- Improved, no guess work, tool-less shield removal and installation
- Aerodynamic flush mounted fit for reduced turbulence
- Scratch resistant hard coated shield
- Optically superior 3D design
- Rated at 95% UV resistant
- Flow through advanced channelling ventilation system with dual flow-through channels and two high capacity, multi-stage intake vents
- Rear vent helps draw heat and humidity out of helmet
- Anti-fog system with side chin bar mounted vortex vents creating a low-pressure vacuum effect drawing heat and moisture out of the face shield area
- Adjustable chin vent re-directs air upward and across shield interior
February 27, 2009
Yup… You did read the entry title correctly, New Enough has the following jackets on closeout at just
The review on the New Enough website says
The Women’s Sevilla jacket offers the features you would find in an expensive touring jacket, but at an affordable price (while closeout supplies last).
This would be a good choice for use in a wide range of weather conditions from cold and wet to warm and dry. The jacket offers waterproof construction by way of a mid-liner. Use of a mid-liner keeps water out effectively but the shell material of the jacket gets wet.
Although the jacket has some large vents the mid-liner won’t allow free flow of air all the way through the jacket to your skin so I wouldn’t rely on this jacket for the hottest weather conditions. For cooler weather, a full sleeve insulated liner is included.
The liner is relatively thick and should work quite well. One neat feature that this jacket has that would be handy for touring is the liner pouch. When not in use the liner can be folded into a pouch that can be worn as a fanny pack (nice when storage space is an issue).
This jacket also offers quality protection. The shoulders and elbows are equipped with removable CE approved armor, and a removable CE approved backpad is also included. For comfort, the jacket has adjustable sleeves, wrist closures and an adjustable waist.
The jacket features are as follows
600D Cordura outer shell construction
Anatomical pre-curved ladies sports cut
2 front zippered air vents with rear exhaust vent
100% waterproof and windproof Hydroguard liner
Airmesh lined collar with neoprene edge and front
Knox® CE approved armor in elbows and shoulders
Knox® CE approved back armor
Teknic hidden triple storm flap over front zipper
2 front pockets and 2 internal pockets
All zippers are genuine YKK zippers
8 inch zipper connector
5 oz Polyfil insulated zip-out full sleeve liner
Reflective 3M™ anthracite piping for night time visibility
February 23, 2009
How about this for a deal?
M & P practically giving away some of the HJC crash helmet range for the absolutely stunning price of £30!!!
Take a look at the chart below and you will see that you can save up to a MASSIVE £79 on the normal retail price. The HJC helmets did quite well in the Sharp Helmet Safety Rating tests and are a perfect choice if you are shopping for your first helmet or just looking for a replacement in these cash strapped times.
The helmets which are being discounted include the following
The Eve helmet in both pink and purple,
The Myth helmet in black or blue
and the Session helmet in blue, black or red
To check out the details on the site just click on the item description in the chart below and it will take you straight to their website. Don’t delay though as there is limited stock, and at these prices I very much doubt they will have them for long!